HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I have a Honda Crv, 2007. A warning light on dashboard came

I have a Honda Crv, 2007. A warning light on dashboard came on, I looked up what it meant, looked like something to do with tire pressure. Took it to my mechanic, he inflated the tires correctly and I drove off. However, the light is still on. Was he supposed to reset something somewhere?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 7 years ago.
Ok if its the tpms light and the tires were filled to 34 psi all of them then the problem is the sensor is bad in the rim and needs to be replaced and then recalibrated at the dealer unfortunately the dealer is the only one that has the correct tool to recalibrate the sensor and reset the light
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
34 psi? is that the same as pounds?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will repeat the question. Does PSI equal pounds? I remember the technician saying to me, your front tires were underinflated and your back tires were overinflated. I filled to 30 all the way around. Does that sound correct?
Yes psi pounds per square inch yes it is pounds as for the tires once they were inflated to the correct psi all the same and cycling the key and driving did not reset the light theres is a problem with the sensor either the sensor is shorted out or lost its signal and needs to be recalibrated either way it only can be done at the Honda dealer they are the only ones that have the correct tool