HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda civic 99 ex code p1768. how do i fix this problem before

Honda civic 99 ex
code p1768. how do i fix this problem before it becomes and issue
Was there any work done prior to this happening ?Does the transmission bang when switching gears
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When you shift from park to any gear other than neutral it has a pretty good jerk/bang effect. Since I had posted this question I clean the screens on the solenoids, upper and lower front solenoids.

Im not sure what the next move will be. As far as any other work done to the vehicle Im not sure. I just purchased it 1 month ago. When I bought it, it did tend to shift hard from 1-2 gear.
Things done so far:
checked all connections
cleaned solenoids
changed trans fluid

Thank you
<p>Ok unfortunately this is an internal code for the transmission torque converter clutch which is internal in the unit what happens is the clutch packs break down inside the transmission and clogg the valve bodies unfortunatel the unit is going to need to be replaced or rebuilt to fix this issue</p>