thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

I replace the light bulb in the automatic gear shift console

Customer Question

How do I replace the light bulb in the automatic gear shift console between the front seats?
Category: Honda
Expert:  thebesthonda replied 7 years ago.

It's a little tricky to change. I normally remove the trim as in this illustration below and the bulb is on the driver side of the shifter. Simply twist the bulb housing counter clockwise and it comes out. It is a tight fit, but it can be done without removing the entire center console. I also included an illustration of the shifter assembly so that you can see where the bulb is located. If you need anything else, let me know.

Chuck graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is great, if I can do it, but, I how do I know what bulb to buy (before I undertake this adventure)?

To be certain, purchase one from your local Honda dealer. They sell tons of them. I have had to replace several myself. I am about to head to lunch, but if you need anything else, I will be back in a few to assist you.

Ok, I am back if you me for anything. If my answer has helped you, please click a green "Accept"

If my answer has helped you please click the green "Accept" tab and your deposit will be transferred from your justanswer account to mine. I work very hard to provide quality answers that will in turn, save the customer money for repairs. Clicking the green "Accept" is how I get paid for my work.

If there is any more information you need, or feel that I did not answer your question thoroughly, please let me know and I will be most happy to further assist you.

Also please remember to leave feedback as my reputation is very important to me.

Thank you for using justanswer and for allowing me to assist you.