Jeff, Hondaologist
Experience:  Platinum 3 Master Honda Tech/20 yrs exp ASE Master/Advanced Level Specialist

the power door lock doesnt work on drivers door and cannot

the power door lock doesn't work on drivers door and cannot use key fob to lock either. I've changed the fuse and battery in key fob but still doesn't operate. The key fob will lock the other doors but doesn't lock driver's door and the button on drivers door doesn't lock vehicle locks either. And, the when key fob locks other doors the lights flash like supposed to but horn doesn't sound on second click because driver's door isn't locking. Any ideas? I was thinking about taking door panel off to see if a wire has come undone or something.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jeff replied 7 years ago.

If you manualy lock and close the drivers door and then lock the rest of the doors with the fob, will the horn sound.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Jeff, no it does not. I forgot to tell you it is a 2005 CRV
Expert:  Jeff replied 7 years ago.

I really believe you have a defective door lock actuator in the drivers door,this is most common. However it is possible you have a defective multiplex unit. The multiplex units communicate with each other through a data line to operate the lights, locks and other various functions of the car. Both of there can effect the door lock/security operation as described and have had problems with both.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I suspected the door lock actuator. What would be a rough estimate for repairs? Would I need to go to a Honda dealer for repair?
Expert:  Jeff replied 7 years ago.

You do not have to go to the dealer but it is kind of aggravating to replace, its located on the latch itself and latch removal is required. Parts and labor should be about $275 depending on your location.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. So a regular auto repair shop should be able to fix as well. I wouldn't necessarily need the Honda dealer service?
Expert:  Jeff replied 7 years ago.