Jeff, Hondaologist
Experience:  Platinum 3 Master Honda Tech/20 yrs exp ASE Master/Advanced Level Specialist

2006 honda civic lx replaced battery. now it needs a code.

2006 honda civic lx replaced battery. now it needs a code. What is it?

Good evening

I will need the serial number of the unit. This is usually found on a sticker in the glove box. The code itself is a 5 digit number that can sometimes found in the same place or sometimes written in the owners manual. It originally was found on a white plastic card about the size of a credit card. If you can not find any of this info, with ignition switch on and audio unit off, push and hold the 1 and 6 button and turn the radio on. A letter and 4 numbers will appear for a couple of seconds and then will change to a different letter and 4 numbers. With this info I can retrieve the security code for the unit.