HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician

I have a rack and pinion leak on a 2005 honda odyssey with

I have a rack and pinion leak on a 2005 honda odyssey with 43,000. The dealer I bought it from is telling me there is a slight dampness at the rack and pinion adjustment bolt. They say that is not a concern and replacing the bolt/plug may not make a difference. They also said the leak will never leak enough to drain the fluid and become a safty issue Another mechanic told me this is never a good sign and have them fix it. I have a 60 day warranty that covers the rack and pinion housing and all internal parts. I need some expert advice on what I should puch for in this matter.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomerans welcome to,

The dealership is right in the fact that the wetness you see wont let all the fluid drain out. I see a lot of these models with the same issue.

But as long as you have an extended warranty that you are sure covers this part then why not have it replaced? I am sure you can take it to any repair shop that accepts the warranty and have it replaced minus your deductible.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What would cause this leak and what parts would need to be replaced. Would the color of the fluid uncover any other possible problems?

i wouldn't classify it as a leak, more like a very slight seep. IT's just a little damp. I really shouldn't be any concern and not work getting into repairing. The fluid will be a little dark, but old poer steering fluid tends to be on the dark side.