HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda Element: when cold, restarts and stalls..warms..rpm..braking

My 03 Honda Element stalls when cold, restarts and stalls again until it warms up. Then it iddles rough, between 5-7 k rpm. If I am braking hard at the intersection it stalls while warm. Sometimes if I am coasting in neutral it stalls for no reason. Honda dealer replaced throttle body for $600 and it's doing the same. I left my car with them for a week and they claim that without the code they do not know what to do. Now I have the light on, and they say thats "engine missfired" code and that is not enough to pinpoint the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 7 years ago.
Do you know the number code stored?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, I do not. They say it's "engine missfired" code.
Ok having the code would help but the most common problem is the throttlebody or the actual wiring going to the throttle body alot of times the pin in the connector backs out then loses the signal and the car stall they need to check this next also there are problems with the coolant temperature sensors failing which will tell the ECM the car is warm when it's actually cold and cause the car to stall they should of also reprogrammed the ECM when they replaced the ECM