MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Tech
Experience:  26 YEARS of real world experience .
10834442

my 2005 Honda Odyssey, air conditioning stopped blowing cool

Customer Question

my 2005 Honda Odyssey, air conditioning stopped blowing cool air, only hot.   Van was running at the time., just went from cold to hot.
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 5 years ago.

hello welcome to the site.

can you tell me if you have had any work done to the van prior to this happening ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO

Check the No. 59 (7.5A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and the No. 3 (7.5A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay give me some time for my husband to check these places. We are not auto knowledge people
ok no problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the no. 3 is label daytime running lights

the A2 fus box on passenger side has no no 59

ok not sure why the manual says that.my mistake.

check the 30 drivers side dash fuse box. and the 12 and 22 under hood fuse box please .

do the fans come on when the a/c is on ? the radiator fans ?

and the inside blower works correct ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes fans were blowing hot air. Inside blowers were front and rear hot air.

yes radiator fans are working. Checking fuses now

ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
found # XXXXX looks okay. How do we get #22 out it has 70A & 120 on it

is it a see thru type ? their should be a site window on it and it should be a 40 amp fuse.

what trim is this van ex w/navi?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no it is a 2005Odyssey EX
ok its showing the same 40 amp fuse
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is this in the primary under hood box. Our book matches the picture in top of fuse box # XXXXX is a double 70A +BAS F/B 120A Battery
yes the large fuse box.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that is the one we are checking also # XXXXX lookd okay inside on drivers side
ok sounds like the van will need to be looked at since this might have a leak in the system and the freon level might be low and need servicing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay,thanks for your help

ok i hope i was able to provide some assistance for you.

if so please leave me some feed back after you accept.

Dino

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
After I get my van checked I will let you know how much your info helped me.
sure thing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we took van to repair shop to have it checked. He checked fuses, freon, hoses. Hooked up some test equipment and all was okay. We have to take back in and leave so he can do a more through check. At this pont we don't know what problem is but still blowing hot air thru AC.

one more thing we are starting to see the stator and clutch are failing .

have then check the stator and make sure its operating as designed .

hope this helps your tech further correct the problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we took van back in and ran thru all checkpoints and found it was the clutch in the ac. Had to have shipped up from Phoenix. The bill is over $900. Is this a Honda Problem or a regular maintance. The van only has 35000 miles on it. Need some advice on theis. If this van is going to be a money pit we will be getting rid of it.
The clutch was a issue but since has been updated you should be fine after this replacment
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does anyone know if Honda will help out on some of thse large bills on an item that should last long then 35000 miles. bought in 02/2005. Thst is not many miles and we are original owners.
You can ask but Honda has been cutting back on good will repairs. You can ask and see if they cam assist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks anyway, I have talked to several people and Honda, no one has a real answer. Only that we should have taken vehicle to nearest Honds dealer to get repaired. Well we don't have one here. It was 118 degrees and just taking husband home from hospital after surgery and ac went out. So went to nearest location that could help me. But he was Honda trained and worked with Honda repair facility and parts in Phoenix. got repaired as fast as he could. We are aXXXXXfron Phoenix and 2 hours from vegas. So that is how it was. I am 70 yrs old, do not drive it heavy traffic. So thre you are. Old people are just stuck and taken advantage of in these situation. Repairman was wonderful and very helpful. Honds is getting to be very bad customer service. we have owned Honda for years with no problems till now.
I understand what your saying and agree with you
glad your fix and running again