HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

93 HONDA ACCORD EX WONT STARTED NO SPARK . REPLACE ECM - DIST.

93 HONDA ACCORD EX WONT STARTED NO SPARK . REPLACE ECM - DIST. - COIL - CAP -ROTOR - FUSES GOOD - TIMING BELT GOOD - 12V TO COIL & DIST. CAR JUST STOP RUNNING .
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 5 years ago.
Ok definately missing spark?Have you replaced the ignitior in the distributor which is most common for no spark problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

YES I HAVE REPLACE THE IGINITER IT WAS IN THE NEW DIST.

Ok was this a distributor from a salvage yard?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO A REMAN ONE . THEN I TRIED A USED ONE .
Ok have you checked the grounds and connections ,also make sure you have the correct distribuotr ,did you take the cap off of either one to be sure there is an ignitor and coi alot of times they come just the base and you have to swap everything over also if im correct there a ground at the thermostat housing make sure thats on ,and check the starter signal fuse under the dash
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IT HAS A EXTERNAL COIL . YES THE IGNITER WAS IN BOTH DIST. I CHECK ALL THE FUSES IN THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE DASH & UNDER THE HOOD THEY ALL WHERE GOOD . THE DIST. HOUSING HAS A GOOD GROUND . I HAVE NOT CHECK THE GROUND ON THE THERMO HOUSING . IS THERE A GROUND WIRE GO N THE DIST. HORNESS. IF SO WHAT COLOR IS THAT WIRE ?
Do the wire colors match at the connector where the distributor harness plugs into the engine harness,also was any work done prior to this happening timing belt etc,also did it die while it was driving?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES THE CONNECTOR MATCH . IT HAD A TBELT ABOUT A YEAR AGO . IT WAS RUNNING GOOD BEFORE THIS HAPPEN . SHE TRIED TO START IT ONE MORNING IN IT HAVE STARTED YET .
Ok quick question ive seen these cams actually snap is the rotor turning in the distributor just want to rule that out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I HAVE TO SO I PULL THE VALVE COVER ITS OK .
So the came is spinning ,ok did you check for power to the distributor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES IT HAVE 12 VOLTS
Ok this is very odd if you have power to the distributor and all grounds are good you should have spark most common is the ditributor base coil or ignitor and if all the fuses are good then its in the wiring ground ,also where did you get the coil,do you have power to the coil?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

YES ITS A THREE WIRE COIL . TWO OF THE WIRES R HOT WHEN THE IGNITION SWITCH IS ON . I TRIED A NEW COIL N I ALSO TRIED A COIL OFF A CAR THAT WAS RUNNING . SHOULD THE DIST. OR THE COIL HAVE A GROUND WIRE GOING TO IT ?

<p>Have you checked if there is a a ground at the thermostat housing ?</p>
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

NO I WILL . BUT THE DIST . HOUSING HAVE GROUND. I WILL CHECK IT N LET U KNOW TOMORROW.

No it does not all goes through the ecm
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience: 13 year honda platinum level