John G.
John G., Honda Technician
Experience:  Dealership tech since 1982. ASE and Honda Master Technician.
13120563

The 6 cd changer is jammed on my 2006 Honda Pilot. The Radio

Customer Question

The 6 cd changer is jammed on my 2006 Honda Pilot. The Radio no longer recognizes the cd changer, any of the discs, and does not respond to any buttons, including eject, load or cd/chg. The vehicle is out of warranty. What's my remedy?
Category: Honda
Expert:  John G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I can help you with this. Sorry for your trouble....

Has the battery gone dead recently? Needed a jump?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nope, no battery trouble at all.
Expert:  John G. replied 5 years ago.

The one thing you can try is to "reboot " the system.....like a PC

disconnect the battery if you are able , and wait 15 minutes or so and then reattach it and retry.

If that doesnt fix it, then it will need to be removed, checked for proper connection,and if its ok, sent out for repair.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will I need a radio code to reactivate once I "reboot" the system, or will it just load normally?
Expert:  John G. replied 5 years ago.
Yes, you will need the code. Do you know the code?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, but I read elsewhere that the only way to get it would be on the back of the radio. Can it be found elsewhere?
Expert:  John G. replied 5 years ago.

Ok, thats one way, but your Pilot can display the serial number electronically.

This will only work after the memory is cleared by a battery disconnect.

Hold down the 1 and 6 radio station preset buttons with the radio off.While holding them , turn the radio power on. It will show the numbers and I can get the code with them

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok Battery Disconnected and Re-Connected, S/N is 1112 1017.
Expert:  John G. replied 5 years ago.

13343

Inform me of the results....

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Radio Code worked just fine, but the unit is still not recognizing the CD changer at all, I assume it will have to be removed then?
Expert:  John G. replied 5 years ago.

Yes, Honda has tightened the purse strings a bit, but if you are under 75k

they may chip in for half of the repair. Have your dealer contact the rep. in your area and see if they will.

The normal cost is around 300 nplus the r&r time of the unit. Should be an hour labor

John G., Honda Technician
Experience: Dealership tech since 1982. ASE and Honda Master Technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  John G. replied 5 years ago.
You're welcome. Wish I could do more....