MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
10834442

Where is the EGR air passage on a 1999 Honda Accord V6 3.0 Vtec.

Customer Question

where is the EGR air passage on a 1999 Honda Accord V6 3.0 Vtec.
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 7 years ago.

hello welcome to the site.

can you please give me some more insight on the problem at hand ? are you getting a insufficient egr flow code ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I am recieveing a insufficient egr flow code. Replaced egr valve.
ok their is a service bulletin for the issue and a egr kit that includes a new egr valve and egr pipe kit.please click here for information to correct the egr issue your having .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I replaced the egr valve and need to check for a blocked egr passage but I cannot locate the passage. Where is this passage located. Again its a 1999 honda accord V6 3.0 Vtec Engine.

the passages are not blocked the egr port on the upper manifold is restricted and will cause the code to return you will need to remove the upper part of the manifold and drill out the passage and then retest. this is very common .if you remove the egr valve and plug the clean side of the 2 ports it will have vacuum and the other will be spent exhaust. if both of them are working then its not plugged at the head.

if your car came to my dealer this is what would be done and then retest the system and then return the car to you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In regards XXXXX XXXXX answer. The test you refered to showed it was not blocked at the so could the egr port still be restricted.
yes the problem was the early manifolds were not able to flow correctly so the update came and the flow was restored.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Update? Meaning the egr port still need to be drilled so the flow can be restored even if there is no blockage at the head.
yes that is correct