HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

2002 Honda: driver seat..power seat..SRS light it on on dash

Customer Question

Removed 2002 Honda Odyssey driver seat for power seat motor repair. Installed seat and now SRS light it on on dash. How to reset SRS light?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 5 years ago.
Ok there is a good chance you didnt plug in one of the connectors the yellow srs connector is spring loaded make sure it snapped closed also the seat belt buckle needs to be pluged in make sure that connector is plugged in double check the connectors the light will automatically go out when the circuit is complete
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I disconnected to harnesses to make the repair. One grey harness, one yellow (SRS) harness. Both harnesses are plugged back in tight. I understand the yellow harness is spring loaded. The harness is on tight, and it is "snapped" in. The SRS light remains lit.

The only way to clear this light is with the honda scan tool ,the light should have went out when reinstalling the seat,did you remove the seat cushion or seat back
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. Just unbolted seat from frame and removed 2 harnesses.
Ok did you remove the harnesses completely from the buttom frame and the seat adjuster motors
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Ok you need to go over these harness completely alot of times there is a cnnector thats crossed or one left off or unplugged ,if there was not a srs light on before its then something not plugged in or crossed on the harness,ive been there done it myself this is what I would do next make sure the seat belt buckle connector is plugged in under the seat follow the wire from the buckle thats usually the one left unplugged
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no luck.
Ok well you can give this a shot disconnect both battery terminals touch them together for 5 minute while off the battery sometimes you will get lucky and it will reset but I doubt thats the issue worst case you would need to have the car scanned at the dealer,make sure the key is out when you do this let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll try that.
Ok let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No luck. I found instructions online to reset the SRS by jumping the MES plug. I'm not sure which one is the MES plug on my 02 Odyssey.

Its located under dash connected in the drivers side fuse box it has to be popped out of the fuse box still think its a harness problem or connector if that dosent work need to have it scanned at the dealer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was able to reset the SRS light by jumping the MES plug.
Excellent glade its fix most common the light will sense a failure if you disconnected teh seat with the key in ignition which was possibly the problem glad its fixed