HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

On our 2003 Honda Civic the headlight reminder tone stopped

Customer Question

On our 2003 Honda Civic the headlight reminder tone stopped working. The key reminder and dome lights and door switch work. Any idea how to fix?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 7 years ago.
I see you relisted the question I assume you do not want to work with me so I will opt out but see if the headlight switch recall was done could cause the problem also with the key out headlights on drivers door open push the door switch in and out see if it starts working repeat on each door one at a time good luck
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did not realize that I had relisted. If you can help that would be fine. The car will not be back until about 6 pm pacific time and I will check on these things then. I do not believe we were aware of a headlight switch recall.
No problem but the most common problem is one of the door switches being bad
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It does appear to be the door switch. My husband discovered it before he got home tonight. Is this something we can repair ourselves?
Yes very easy just remove the rubber cover the Phillips screw and install the new switch