thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

How do I replace my headlight lens for my 2003 Honda Accord EX sedan?

Hello. The lens itself can not be replaced. It must be replaced as an entire headlight assembly. To do this, the front bumper cover needs to be removed. If you want to tackle this yourself, let me know. I can send you a diagram to assist you. I am headed to lunch, so if you don't hear from me for a few, I didn't leave you hanging. I will respond as soon as I get back. Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do want to do this by myself and I realize that the headlight is an assembly. I already went out and bought it. Now I need to install it, so a diagram would be helpful and any other tricks to may the job go easily.

No problem. I got what you need. I have a attached a couple illustrations to assist you. The first 2 are for headlight replacement, the last one is to help with adjusment if needed. It is pretty much straight forward. The only thing to watch out for are the little black plastic snap in clips in the bumper cover. They are a pain to get out sometimes and often you might break a couple of them. They are pretty cheap from your local dealer if you do. Other than that, you should be good to go. If you need anything else, feel free to let me know.

1. Remove the front bumper.

1. Remove the connectors (A) from the headlight assembly (B).

2. Remove the five mounting bolts and the harness clip, then remove the headlight.

3. Remove the bolt and the corner upper beam (C) from the headlight.

4. Install the headlight in the reverse order of removal.

5. After replacement, adjust the headlight to local requirement.graphicgraphicgraphic

Hello. I just noticed my account and it looks as though you paid me twice. I don't know if you intended to or not, if so, I appreciate that, but it wasn't required. I just don't want to cheat you. If this was an accident, please request a refund to justanswer customer service. If it was not, thank you again!