heritage36
heritage36, Honda Technician
Experience:  Certified Honda technician of 5 years. Skilled in all areas of Honda/Acura repair and maintenance.
17465140

Need the reset anti theft code for 2002 Honda Accord radio/CD

Need the reset anti theft code for 2002 Honda Accord radio/CD player serial # XXXXX Pulled a fuse in attempt to disable SRS light that was always on and it caused the CD player to malfunction. Thanks for your help!
Category: Honda
Expert:  heritage36 replied 5 years ago.

Was your question what the code is or how do you reset it? It looks like you gave me the VIN number, not the serial number for the radio. If you need to get the serial number, try turning the car on with the radio off, then hold down the number 1 and the number 6 on the radio at the same time and while holding those turn the radio on, and it should give you the serial number in two four digit parts. If you give me the number then I can give you the code, thanks and let me know if you have questions otherwise about this. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Serial number is XXXXX Thanks -- I would've never known how to get that.
You are welcome, try the code 22265. If that works I recommend you write it down on something that you can keep in your car somewhere because you never know when you will need this code. If that doesn't work or you have further questions, let me know. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Looks like I have to wait an hour - maxed out the code entering when we were trying to figure out what was wrong. I'll let you know if the code works or not. Thanks again for the quick response.
Actually if it is where its reading an error where it won't let you enter one anymore, you have to disconnect the battery for a minute or two and then it will let you enter one again. Once you do this, make sure also that you let the vehicle run at idle for about 10 minutes also to relearn the idle because when the battery is disconnected it has to be relearned. Thanks again and let me know if there is any problems.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Wow - it worked! Thank you thank you! As an aside -- do you know how to get the SRS light off? I don't know if it was caused by the cell phone charger or what - but it seems other people have had problems with it coming on. I'm guessing I have to take to a dealer -- but have heard they charge $75 to remove it. (I don't know if you'll get this reply if I click accept -- so I'll wait for your reply. If a second question needs to posted separately - let me know. I'll accept either way).
Yeah, I would probably have that checked out. More often than not SRS lights are something that is still covered under warranty. There is a warranty extension on some SRS components for the pilot, and seat belts and buckles are under a lifetime warranty. Odds are it will be related to one of these things and you would not have to pay for the light getting checked if thats what it ends up being, but I would guess that it is on for a reason, usually a cell phone charger will not cause just that specific light to go on. Let me know if you have further questions, thanks again!
heritage36, Honda Technician
Experience: Certified Honda technician of 5 years. Skilled in all areas of Honda/Acura repair and maintenance.