HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH 10 YEARS ACURA/ HONDA
8532170

Honda: batteries..Central Locking works fine with the key

Customer Question

Honda Odyssey Central Locking Remote is not working even though the batteries in the remote control have been replaced. Central Locking works fine with the key.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand welcome to justanswer.com,

Do all the locks not work?

Have you tried to reprogram the remotes?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi there, I think that reprogramming the remotes is what is required but do not know the procedure. Note that this is a Japanese Honda Odyssey (RA6) not the USA one. And yes all the locks work with the key. Thanks.

What year is your Odyssey? I believe the reprogramming procedure is the same, I will send you the procedure for the USA model of the same year.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It is a 2000 Honda Odyssey (RA6) but this model never made it to the US. It has the 2.3Litre 4 cyl engine not the V6 and has normal car type rear doors instead of the sliding ones. see this link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Odyssey#Second_generation_.281999-2003.29

Thanks for the info. I have enclosed the procedure for the last Odyssey with the same type of body style. try this procedure and see if it works.

click here

.