HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician

2005 Honda: The CD player..quit works fine..changer

The CD player on my 2005 Honda Odyssey quit working. The radio works fine but it will not switch to CD. It is a 6 disc changer that is in the dash.

HelloCustomerand welcome to,

Are there any cds in the player?

Is there any error messages displayed?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There are 5 cd's in the changer 1 through 5 and slot 6 said "disc jam" it doesn't recognize the cd changer at all.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have tried unplugging the battery to try and reset
thanks for the info, unfortunately unplugging the battery is not going to work in this case. one or more cds are jammed in the player. This usually happens from computer burned cds with labels or inserting cds without waiting until the load display is flashing. Either way the audio unit will have to be removed and taken apart to remove the cds. You can remove it yourself and send it to a radio repair shop. That will run no less than $200 to repair. or if the dealer removes it it will run you probably 1.0 shop hour to remove the radio and then extra to send it out.

I can send you information about removing the radio. There are several files to download so I make sure you the customer are willing to try and remove the radio themselves. Please try to refrain from leaving any feedback until I have completely finished helping you. Positive is greatly appreciated and I am sure you would have been satisfied with the files I would have given you.

" You can remove it yourself and send it to a radio repair shop." is what I wrote. I can send you the info if you still want it

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That would be appreciated, and will gaurantee a positive upon receipt. This service has worked well for me and I will be more inquisitive next time. Do you need anything else from me to receive those files?

Here are the links that you need to remove the radio. One is for the audio unit itself and the other is for the trim panel below it..

click here

click here

let me know if you have any other questions