George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years

Car ride feels wobbly at low speeds

car ride feels wobbly at low speeds
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you experience a side to side wobble you may have bent rims or tires that are seperating, What model and year is your Honda and please explain further what and when you feel this wobble.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My car is a 2000 crv. The rear tires have a small amount of tread and the fronts are new. I have not had any new suspension.
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.
The wobble feels like you are driving through ruts?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It feels like a series of small bounces up and down..On a smooth rode there is a slight to no bounce. Sometimes the bouncing sensation feels the worst as the car is slowing to a stop.

Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

You may have struts that are worn or leaking, it the sensation in the front or the back?

If it is in the front you can use a flashlight to look through the area above the tires at the spring. The strut is #11 in this part explosion. Look for oil on the outside or dripping off the bottom

Bounce the corner of the CRV up and down if it continues to bounce after you stop the strut will need to be replaced or if there is oil present

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
are there struts in front and the rear?
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.
Struts in front and rear. You should be able to see all of them above the tires with a good flashlight