Derrick
Derrick, Honda Technician
Experience:  Platinum level honda technician, honda owner, enthusiast. ASE master tech certified.
16157406

1995 honda accord: small light fuse blowing

1995 honda accord with small light fuse blowing. I am having trouble finding a short, where are the most logical places to check?
Hi! Is this a 2 door or 4? Do you know what number fuse? What symptom do you have? Aftermarket anything installed? such as a radio?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
4 door LX. the number 32 fuse is blowing so no tailights or dash lights. I have checked the rear bulbs and harnesses for visible shorts.
There are a few possibilities, first does it have an aftermarket radio? Also there is a service bulletin availible for this. This is what the bulletin states: Blown #32 Fuse on
’94-96 Accord A blown #32 under-hood fuse on a ’94-96 Accord may be caused by a loose connector cover on the wire to one of the sunvisor vanity mirrors. To check it, remove the
sunvisors, and look at the end of the RED/BLK vanity mirror wire. If the connector cover is loose, attach it to the wire with electrical tape.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry, I should have mentioned that I checked the visors... I read that in a previous post. I have checked most of the wiring harnesses in the interior of the car. I disconnected the dashboard light unit and I disonnected both sunvisors and unplugged the connector in the trunk and the fuse still blows.
Ok, so thats out. lets see is there a non honda radio installed? I have seen the illumination wire for the radio which is not needed or used on a non honda unit short out and cause this problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the stereo is non honda. It was installed using an adapter plug several years ago.
If the orange wire on the adaptor plug was not taped up and insulated it could very well be the culprit. I have a diagram and can provide you with it if you do not have one. There are many possibilities for this and I am more than happy to walk you through each one.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well that fixed it! I unplugged the stereo and the problem was solved. do not see any loose wires but the fuse is not popping. Thanks... my wiring diagram did not show the radio as a possibility but it makes sense.

thanks again