Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years

How do I replace spark plugs in 2004 CRV I have removed the

How do I replace spark plugs in 2004 CRV? I have removed the plastic cover w/ the 2 10mm nuts, and have removed the 4 electrical connectors. But there is a metal tube attached above the 4 plug areas.
Once you remove the coils that are also bolted in you just need a 5/8" spark plug socket and extension to remove the plugs.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there is a metal cylinder about the coil. The wires are attached to it and a rubber tube is routed to it as well. How do I remove that to get at the plugs? I can send picture if needed.
That is what is called a coil on plug assy. Just pull it staright up out of the hole. does it look like this?:
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks I was in the wrong area. I removed the HONDA DOHC cover. Anyway, I got it all taken care of. The third coil from the right was extremely rusty and corroded. What would cause that? I will have to get it replaced.
If the engine was ever steam cleaned or detailed there might have been some water getting into the spark plug tube.
Better to replace it before it fails, if it does.