Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

How do I install a replacement vent window in rear passenger

How do I install a replacement vent window in rear passenger side of 2004 honda civic lx? I have the door panel off but can
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
This should be just what you are looking for:

4-door

NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands.

1. Raise the glass fully.
  2. Remove these items:
    • Door panel
    • Plastic cover, as necessary
    • Rod protector

1. Carefully move the glass (A) until you can see the bolts, then remove them. Remove the glass from the regulator (B), and carefully lower the glass. Take care not to drop the glass inside the door.

1. Remove the bolts (A, B) and collar (C) from the center channel (D). Pull the upper seal (E) away as needed, and remove the screw (F). Pull the glass run channel (G) away as needed from the center channel.

1. Move the center channel (A) away from the quarter glass (B), and the rear door glass (C), and remove the center channel out through the window slot. Take care not to damage the outer weatherstrip (D)

1. Remove the quarter glass (A). Take care not to damage the outer weatherstrip (B).

1. Carefully remove the glass (A) out through the window slot. Take care not to drop the glass inside the door.

1. Power window: Disconnect and detach the connector (A) from the door.
  2. Remove the bolts (B), and loosen the bolts (C), then remove the regulator (D) through the hole in the door. Power window is shown, manual window is similar.

1. Apply multipurpose grease to all the sliding surfaces of the regulator (A) where shown, regardless of the channel shape (B, C).
  2. Install the glass and regulator in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
    • Roll the glass up and down to see if it moves freely without binding.
    • Make sure that there is no clearance between the glass and glass run channel when the glass is closed.
    • Adjust the position of the glass as necessary.
    • Check for water leaks.
    • Test-drive and check for wind noise and rattles.
    • When reinstalling the door panel, make sure the plastic cover is installed properly and sealed around its outside perimeter to seal out water
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Steve,

So I need to remove the actual rear window first? The old vent window is aleady out (shattered). I have new glass in new seal ready to be installed, but can't see how to get the new vent window in. The pics on your answer aren't showing up. Does the window channel come out or I just move it to the side after I take the whole passenger side rear window out?
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
Sorry the pictures didn't show. The window channel does have to come out to remove what is left of the window and install the new one.
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience: 13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years