Stin1974
Stin1974, Automotive Tech
Experience:  15 years Transmission and General Repair experience
2267585

98 Honda accord Ex: 4cyl..DTC..P0700..what is wrong, how do i fix it

Customer Question

98 Honda accord Ex 4cyl, DTC P0700 and P1739. what is wrong, how do i fix it? bd
Category: Honda
Expert:  Stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
That code is for the third clutch pressure switch circut. I can give you the test procedure if you are looking at doing this yourself. You will need a volt meter to perform these tests.
Expert:  Stin1974 replied 5 years ago.

DTC P1739: Problem in 3rd Clutch Pressure Switch Circuit

NOTE: Record all freeze data before you troubleshoot.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

graphic

1. Measure the voltage between the B24 and B20 or B22 terminals. Is there battery voltage? YES - Go to step 7. NO - Go to step 3.
  2. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
  3. Disconnect PCM connector B (25P).
  4. Disconnect the 3rd clutch pressure switch connector.
  5. Check for continuity between the B24 terminal and body ground. Is there continuity? YES - Repair short to ground in the wire between the B24 terminal and the 3rd clutch pressure switch. NO - Check for loose terminal fit in the PCM connectors. If necessary, substitute a known-good PCM and recheck.
  6. Raise the front of the vehicle, and make sure it is securely supported.
  7. Set the parking brake, and block rear wheels securely.
  8. Start the engine, then shift to D3 position and drive in 3rd gear for more than five seconds.
  9. Measure the voltage between the B24 and B20 or B22 terminals. Is there about 0 V ? YES - Check for loose terminal fit in the PCM connectors. If necessary, substitute a known-good PCM and recheck. NO - Go to step 11.
  10. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
  11. Disconnect the 3rd clutch pressure switch connector.
  12. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
  13. Measure the voltage between the 3rd clutch pressure switch connector terminal and body ground. Is there battery voltage? YES - Go to step 15. NO - Repair open in the wire between the 3rd clutch pressure switch and the PCM.
  14. Measure the resistance between the 3rd clutch pressure switch connector terminal and body ground. Is the resistance 10 M ohms or more ? YES - Check for loose terminal fit in the PCM connectors. If necessary, substitute a known-good PCM and recheck. NO - Replace the 3rd clutch pressure switch.
Expert:  Stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
The second number 1 is actually 2 so 2-15 as far as the steps go.