Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda tech. ASE certified technician

2005 Honda: spark plugs..There is a metal rack on top..fuel injection

Customer Question

Are the spark plugs on a 2005 Honda CRV on top of the engine head underneath the plastic engine cover where the wires plug into four things that look like spark plugs? There is a metal rack on top of the wires and plugs, are these the plugs or is this the fuel injection? It appears that each plug is clipped to the metal rack to hold it in place. I am trying to change the spark plugs on this engine and am confused. Can you give me some direction on how to change the spark plugs on a 2005 Honda CRV?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

Replacing the plugs is fairly easy. Just remove the plstic engine cover then unbolt and remove the 4 coils. Once removed you need to look down and you will see the plugs that need to be removed with a spark plug socket.