HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My cd player has a mechanical error message displayed

Customer Question

My cd player has a mechanical error message displayed. how do i fix that?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda Team Leader replied 5 years ago.
Hi Brian. Does the radio work? Also, what code is displayed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, the radio works fine. Just the Cd player has a error message that reads mechanical error when I switch to cd.

What model and trim level is your Honda? Does it have navigation? And, does the error code appear with any numbers (ie: ERROR XX)?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a 2004 Honda Accord Ex V6. Don't know what you mean by trim. No navigation. No numbers appear in error message.

Does the error code look like one of these?

The audio system displays error codes when a problem is detected with the disc changer, the disc, the XM radio, or the anti-theft code.

Error Code Displayed

Possible Cause

Solution

DISC

Cannot read disc.

Eject the disc and try another one.

DISC ERROR

There is a problem with the disc player. A common problem is disc labels coming off the disc in the player.

Try to eject the disc and try another one. If there is still a problem, replace the audio unit.

DISC FORMAT

A disc was inserted that has a format that is not recognized.

Eject the disc and try another one.

DISC-H

Disc player is hot. This can happen if the vehicle is parked out in the hot sun all day.

Park the vehicle in a cooler place for awhile and try the disc player again. If the error code is still present, try another disc. If the error code is still present, replace the audio unit.

LOADING

XM radio is acquiring audio or program information.

Wait until the radio has received the information.

XM OFF AIR

XM channel not in service.

Try another XM channel.

XM NO SIGNAL

Loss of signal.

Both terrestrial and satellite antennas have lost signal. Park the vehicle outside with a clear view of the southern horizon.

XM UPDATING

XM radio is receiving information update from the network.

This message will disappear once the update is done.

XM ANTENNA

XM antenna error.

Repair the open or short in the terrestrial or satellite antenna. Substitute the XM antenna and recheck. If the error is gone, replace the original XM antenna. If the error is still present, replace the antenna lead.

----

No signal from XM.

Check known-good vehicle with XM radio. If the known-good vehicle has the same symptoms, contact XM at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

ERR 1

Anti-theft code mismatch (1st try).

Enter the correct anti-theft code.

ERRE

Anti-theft code mismatch (10th try).

Remove fuse No. 5 (20 A) in the under-dash fuse/relay box, then reinsert it. You will have 10 more tries to enter the correct anti-theft code.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No...it specifically says mechanical error....nothing else....
Ok sounds like you will need to visit your local Honda dealer to have the CD portion removed and sent for repair. Honda does not specifically list a "Mechanical Error" code to appear. Your dealer will have access to a hotline for specific audio related problems. Sorry I could'nt help you more!