Tech413
Tech413, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years auto, 19 years at the same Honda dealer. Ca Smog since 1986. Honda Gold Level, ASE master

2005 Honda: driver side sliding door..Passenger door..door works

Customer Question

driver side sliding door on my 2005 Honda Odyssey doesn't
RequestedSpam"Best Of" JAClose QuestionOpen QuestionToo DifficultDuplicate QuestionUnderpricedNonsensePersonal InfoUnderaged CustomerOther
driver side sliding door on my 2005 Honda Odyssey doesn't operate. The "sliding door" light is on. Passenger door works fine. I have tried the fix of turning the door control to off, removing fuse 13 for a few minutes, then replacing teh fuse, turning the controls back on and operating the switch. Didn't help. Anyone know another fix to try?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda Team Leader replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Does the door beep 3 times or have you already heard this? Is the door closed all the way? Also, is the fuel door closed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When the car is on ignition II (not started) the door beeps 3 times when you try to open in and nothing happens. When the car is started, the door releases and looks like it's about to open but stops and the slide door light flashes on the speedometer. THe fuel door is closed and the door opens and closes all the way manually.

Is the VAS indicator on the dash illuminated?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You mean the VSA light? It's off.

So does the door open about 6-8 inches, beep 3 times, then close?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, when the car is start and you try to open the sliding door with the switch, it releases the lock and beeps 3 times and the door just stays there. Then I have to manually open or close the door.

See if the fuse listed below is ok. It is in the smaller fuse box under the hood.

ServiceNews Article

Helping you fix it right the first time - every time

Got a vehicle in your shop with a power sliding door that does these things?

• Beeps three times
  • Sets these DTCs:
  • B2031 (left power slide motor pulse signal error)
  • B2032 (left power slide motor pulse signal error)

or

• B2081 (right power slide motor pulse signal error)
  • B2082 (right power slide motor pulse signal error)
  • Won't work

Check for a blown No. 2 (40 A) fuse (left power sliding door control unit) or No. 3 (40 A) fuse

(right power sliding door control unit) in the auxiliary under-hood fuse box.

If the fuse is blown, replace it and retest. If the fuse is OK, check the power connection at the auxiliary

under-hood fuse box (T2) and at the battery subfuse box (T3) ('05-06 models) or the battery positive

terminal (T3) ('07-08 models). If the power connections are OK, then continue with normal

troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fuses are okay and the power connection at the auxiliary under-hood fuse box is good. The passenger door works fine, the problem is only with the driver door.
Should have asked this before but it wont open with the key, switch on the dash, or handle right?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Negative, it doesn't open with anything. Again, when you press the button for the slider door on the main switch (in the front), it releases the door but it looks like the motor doesn't kick on to pull the door so the door just stays there and beeps 3 times.
Unfortunately we've come to the end of th diagnosis I can give on-line without actually reading information with a scan tool. Sorry I could'nt be the answer to your problem! I would recc. taking to a Honda dealer as they are the only one's with this equipment. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have taken it to a honda dealer, they gave me the code B2031 but wanted to charge me $300 plus to diagnose it further. I have taken it to a small mechanic who has replaced the left control unit and the motor assembly and it is still doing the same thing.

graphic

Check for continuity between the left power sliding door control unit connector A (22P) No. 13 terminal and left power slide motor connector B (6P) No. 3 terminal. with theese un-plugged.

Is there continuity?
YES -

Go to step 22.

NO -

Repair an open in the wire.¦

This is the next step to take from the information gathered from you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is continuity between No. 13 terminal and No. 3 terminal. There is also continuity on No. 20 and No. 6.

This is the last step so if this does'nt work, they have missed something.

Measure voltage between the left power slide motor connector B (6P) No. 3 (+) and No. 6 (-) terminals.

Is there about battery voltage?
YES -

Replace the left power slide motor assembly.¦

NO -

Check RED (VREF) wire for a short to ground. If the wire is OK, replace the left power sliding door control unit

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have replaced the power sliding door control unit and the assembly and it is still doing the same thing. The code is B2031 and B2032. So apparently there is a short in the wire. There is continuity between Connector A(22P) and Conector B (6P) on all the terminals that it should be. There is no coninuity from Connector A (22P) Terminal 16 to body ground. Any ideas on how to locate the short?
Expert:  Tech413 replied 5 years ago.

Remove the door panel and look at the remote unit "A" in the picture. Make sure all the cables are connected. There should be a rod on the back side not seen in the graphic make sure it is intact. Pull the handle to open the door and make sure the cable "H" is being pulled.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All the cables are connected and intact. The "H" cable is being pulled when you pull the handle.
Expert:  Tech413 replied 5 years ago.
Look at the graphic there is an actuator that the "B" connectors connect too. That actuator operates a rod on the back side. check to see if that rod is connected and is moving.
Expert:  Tech413 replied 5 years ago.
Also did all the cables on the lower actuator move?