02hondafreak, Honda/Acura Technician
Experience:  3 1/2 years in Honda/Acura dealership-have done it all. 15+ years automotive work history.

Honda civic 2002. Blower will not run with switch on in any

Honda civic 2002. Blower will not run with switch on in any position...checked fuses all ok.

Welcome to Just Answer!

Most likely what has happened is the blower resistor has gone bad, very common issue to have happen. You can double check the blower motor by jumping it with a separate power source to be sure it turns. Here:

The blower resistor or transistor is part # XXXXX in this diagram. To access, you will need to remove the glove box for more room to the area. Any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you send a picture of the diagram I can either see a little better or one I can make bigger. I cannot tell where part #8 is located.

How to I remove the glove box. How do I then remove the transistor. Where do I supply the separate power source on the there a positive and negative to the blower motor. How do I gain access to the blower and where do I attach the separate power source. Thanks again, Dan

Hopefully this went through now.

You will need to remove the lower cover (clipped on), part # XXXXX in this diagram then the glove box, part # XXXXX The glove box is held on by two bolts on the bottom, you need to remove then the glove box will have to be moved a little bit to be removed. The transistor will be screwed on to the blower housing & will have an electrical connector attached to it.

Here is a copy of the circuit for the heater blower motor:

Any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.