John G.
John G., Honda Technician
Experience:  Dealership tech since 1982. ASE and Honda Master Technician.
13120563

I need to change rear rotors and brake pads on my 07 Ridgeline

I need to change rear rotors and brake pads on my '07 Ridgeline. Is there a particular procedure that needs to be followed?
Category: Honda
Expert:  John G. replied 7 years ago.

Hi, Its a pretty straight foreward procedure. Il just paste the honda manual directions here The piston just pushes straight in like front calipers.

1. Remove the brake caliper bracket mounting bolts and remove the caliper assembly () from the knuckle. To prevent damage to the caliper assembly or brake hose, use a short piece of wire to hang the caliper assembly from the undercarriage. Do not twist the brake hose with force.

2.  

1. Remove the 6 mm brake disc/drum retaining screw

2. Screw two 8 x 1.25 mm bolts into the brake disc/drum to push it away from the hub. Turn each bolt 90 degrees at a time to prevent the brake disc from binding.

3. Remove the brake disc/drum from the hub.

4. Install the brake disc/drum in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

• Before installing the wheel, clean the mating surface of the brake disc/drum and the inside of the wheel.

• Before installing the wheels, clean the mating surface of the brake disc and the inside of the wheel.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a more detailed procedure available. I'm looking for a idiot proof step by step procedure.
Expert:  John G. replied 7 years ago.

Ok, ill tell you how I do it.

Remove wheels.

Remove the lower 12mm bolt from the caliper, rotate the caliper up and slide it off the caliper upper pin

Remove pads.

remove both 17mm bolts that hold the caliper bracket to the knuckle.

Remove the 2 number 3 philips screws from the rotors, you may need an impact driver, for sure use a large #3 plillips driver

Pull off the rotor.

Compress the pistor in the caliper with a large channel lock pliers.

Thats it just reverse procedure to reassemble.

I will be on all day if you get in trouble.....