HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH 10 YEARS ACURA/ HONDA
8532170

Honda 2004 2.4 Accord P0341 error code goes on and off. Runs

Honda 2004 2.4 Accord P0341 error code goes on and off. Runs fine.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomerand welcome to justanswer.com,

I have seen a few of these issues. One possibility is the vtc oil control solenoid is sticking intrermittently. I have seen other with cam-timing chain issues. and still others have been software issues in the ECM that required reflashing of the ECM/PCM.

Either way you need to have the car checked to make sure you don't have a bigger issue down the road.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The folks at Auto Zone recommended changing the Camshaft Position Sensor? Is it that simple?
Sounds like there is more that could be involved here

I looked at the troubleshooting guide for his code and no where does it mention the camshaft psoition sensor.

the main reason this code sets is because the computer senses that the camshaft position sensor (CMP) and the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) get out of sync.

Since this code is intermittent I would suspect a wiring, connector issue or that the cmp and ckp patterns need to be re-sync'ed. This can be done at the dealer using there special Honda tester. The ckp and cmp patterns are erased and then sync'ed again. This took care of a lot of the cars that came in with this issue. Call the dealer and see how much they are going to charge you for this service. probably a diagnostic fee only.