Tech413, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years auto, 19 years at the same Honda dealer. Ca Smog since 1986. Honda Gold Level, ASE master

Code P4802 manufacture catalyst deficiency below threshold

code P4802 manufacture catalyst deficiency below threshold
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tech413 replied 7 years ago.
What is the year and model???
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2000 Honda Civic EX 2 door coupe 1.6 sohc automatic
Expert:  Tech413 replied 7 years ago.
Are you sure of the code??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im sorry, I had to run and pull the code again. I was wrong on the number. So here is the right code P0420
Expert:  Tech413 replied 7 years ago.
That sounds more like it. The ECM allows the catalytic converter a specific amount of time to start to respond. If the Cat does not respond with in that time frame it sets this code. The only thing you can do as a consumer is to replace the catalytic converter. Or to clear the code and hope it does not return. Many times the code will not reappear for months. Your cat may be slow to respond but it may not be dead as of yet. I would just clear the code and drive the car and see if it comes back. If it does you will need to replace the cat.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well I have replaced the catalytic converter and the O2 sensors and the code still comes back every once and while. It could be days before it comes back. The old catalytic converter was clogged. Is there anything else it could be?
Expert:  Tech413 replied 7 years ago.
There are only two companies that have an aprroved after market OBDII cat. Do you know if you have one of them?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Well I don't have the invoice with me on the brand but yea it was and aftermarket one. Cost over $220 dollars. What are the two companies?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for help, but can you possibly tell me who the two aftermarket companies are for the approved after market OBD11 cat. that i need.