02hondafreak
02hondafreak, Honda/Acura Technician
Experience:  3 1/2 years in Honda/Acura dealership-have done it all. 15+ years automotive work history.
10077428

How much woudl it cost to have a 2009 honda element back bumper

Customer Question

How much woudl it cost to have a 2009 honda element back bumper replaced?
Category: Honda
Expert:  02hondafreak replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer!

What model Element do you have (ex. LX, EX, SC)?

Is the rear bumper color matched to the vehicle?

Do you just want a price for the rear bumper cover only?

Please let me know, so I can further assist you. Thank you.

Wes

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
EX. It is not the same color as the car paint...gray rubber/plastic. I would like to know the price of the part as well as time it would take to replace (labor costs).

OK,

Here:

23235080021FACE, RR. BUMPER (DOT) BUMPER DARK GRAY 247.05172.94

23234630111GARNISH, RR. BUMPER FACE SKID BUMPER DARK GRAY 48.1233.68

This is actually for a 2008. I do not have access to a 2009 part list, but should be same part & close in price. Here is some instructions to remove the rear bumper:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/07hitch.pdf

You will need to look only on page 3. The labor should be about 1.0 1.5 labor. That would be removal of the old bumper & replacement of the new bumper. Should be closer to 1.0 hour. Also not sure to the extent of damage to the rear bumper.

Is it just the bumper or does the damage go to the body itself?

If the damage goes into the body itself, I would recommend to see a body shop & get an estimate from them for repair. Any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.

Wes

If this has helped, please press ACCEPT.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What would the price be for just the bumper....no body damage done at all.

OK,

The rear bumper comes as 2 parts. That was the 2 parts listed from above reply. Part #11 attach's to part # XXXXX in the center of the rear bumper. Best way to explain it would be, a cover for the bumper cover. Here is a picture of it:

Part # XXXXX comes in 2 colors, a light gray or black. The cheaper price, you should be able to price match with your local dealership & get the lesser price. The 2009 parts & prices should be similar to the 2008.

Now as for the labor cost for a Honda dealer, average labor cost around the country runs from about $85-110 per hour. Check with your local Honda dealer to find exact cost. If you have an independent shop do it, if they want to, labor is cheaper. Any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.

Wes