02hondafreak
02hondafreak, Honda/Acura Technician
Experience:  3 1/2 years in Honda/Acura dealership-have done it all. 15+ years automotive work history.
10077428

can I get a copy of the vacuum system routing diagram for a

can I get a copy of the vacuum system routing diagram for a 1988 Accord DX (which is normally pasted inside the hood but my copy is missing). 2.0L engine, carbureted. (I have one for my 1985 and it is very clean and easy to follow)
Category: Honda
Expert:  02hondafreak replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer!

Here I hope this helps:

Fig. 18: Vacuum hose routing-1988 carbureted Accord with manual trans axle.

Fig. 19: Vacuum hose routing-1988 carbureted Accord with automatic trans axle.

Fig. 20: Emission component schematic-1988 carbureted Accord with manual trans axle.

Fig. 21: Emission component schematic-1988 carbureted Accord with automatic trans axle.

Any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.

Wes

If this has helped, please press ACCEPT.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That was the diagram I was looking for but the second step of the question process asked me to provide more detail on symptoms and while I was typing that it looks like you answered the diagram portion OK. But do you have the full symptom detail I typed and maybe could you pinpoint this more specifically?

OK,

Not all the question came over the first time. I apologize for the system still not updating fast enough. I can suggest using carb cleaner near the carb plate to see if the RPM will increase. Usually there are leaks where the carb & intake manifold meets. Usually you will want to do this while idling. If you can not get the car to idle properly, then may be bigger problems. Try that & please let me know. I may have to opt out, due to my carb experience is not the best. Let me know, thank you.

Wes