HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH 10 YEARS ACURA/ HONDA
8532170

2001 Honda: disable..security system..(horn and lights)..key fob

Is there any way to disable my factory car alarm/security system for my 2001 Honda Odyssey? The alarm sounds (horn and lights) randomly with the doors locked or unlocked (with or without key fob) and with the key fob near and far. My local Honda dealer found nothing definative but wanted to start with replacing the driver's side door lock.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand welcome to justanswer.com,

There is unfortunately no way to disable the alarm system in your Honda. Disconnecting the fuse would cause a lot of things to become inoperative also.

I would center more around the hood latch switch then the driver's door switch. There have been failures of that switch , but ther seems to be more failures of the hood latch switch.

I assume that putting the key into the driver's door and turning to unlock turns off the alarm correct?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, every time the alarm has sounded I have used the unlock button on the key fob to turn off the alarm (usually because its the middle of the night). Would paring my car with hood ajar help at all?

No try to disconnect the alarm switch for the hood.

look at the latch assembly you should see a wiring harness coming from it. Follow it to the connector and disconnect it there. See if that keeps it from coming on.