Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda tech. ASE certified technician
10437779

HONDA ODYSSEY 2001 3.2L V6 ENGINE. WANT TO REPLACE THE TIMING

HONDA ODYSSEY 2001 3.2L V6 ENGINE. WANT TO REPLACE THE TIMING BELT,WATER PUMP,AND THERMOSTAT.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Would you like the service procedure for replacing the timing belt and water pump?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I HAVE A 2001 HONDA ODYSSEY WITH A 3.5L V6 ENGINE WITH 110,000 MILES AND I NEED TO REPLACE THE TIMING BELT BECAUSE IT'S PAST DUE. WHILE I'M AT IT I WANT TO REPLACE THE WATER PUMP, THERMOSTAT, AND THE OTHER BELTS. I'M NOT A GREAT AUTO MACHANIC LIKE YOU, BUT I HAVE DONE MANY SUCCESSFUL REPAIRS IN THE PAST. I CAN'T AFFORD THE $900.00 THAT THE DEALER WANTS. I'M IN NO HURRY BECAUSE THE CAR IS RUNING GOOD.AS YOU KNOW THIS IS A INTERFERANCE ENGINE AND I DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH BENT VALVES OR WORSE YET A DESTROYED ENGINE!   JOHN
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Ok I totally understand.

You will most likely need the special tools to break loose the crank pulley. They are usually very tight. I use a 3/4" impact gun to break the bolt free. I will send the procedures in the next post. It's a lengthy procedure so it will take a few minutes.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Water Pump Replacement

1. Remove the timing belt
  2. Remove the timing belt tensioner

graphic

• Remove the water pump (A) by removing 5 bolts.
  • Inspect, repair and clean the O-ring groove and mating surface on the cylinder block.
  • Install the water pump with a new O-ring (B) in the reverse order of removal.
  •  

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOUR GOING TO CHARGE ME HERE IS IT $9.00 FOR EVERYTHING OR $9.. FOR EVERY YES I CLICK ON? JOHN
    Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Hello John

You are charged the $9.00 once you hit the accept button. It looks like you have not accepted yet. After the accept you have the option of giving a bonus.