jimh
jimh, Honda Technician
Experience:  honda master tech ase master tech
11886422

2003 Honda Accord Coupe. The driver side window will not go

Customer Question

2003 Honda Accord Coupe. The driver side window will not go up (its up 1/2 way). Prior to this there were times when the passenger window would not go down. Also this morning I noticed that the outlets (to connect your cell phone chargers) are not working either. I have checked the fuses - fuses are fine. Passenger window is working as of today but not drivers side.
Please advise.
Thanks
Tammy
Submitted: 8 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Honda
Expert:  jimh replied 8 years ago.
HI YOU NEED TO SEE IF YOU HAVE POWER GOING TO WINDOW MOTOR WHEN USING THE SWITCH YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE DOOR PANEL AND FIND YHE CONNECTER TO THE MOTOR AND WITH THE KEY ON USE SWITCH WHILE USING A TEST LIGHT SEE IF YOU HAVE POWER BOTH UP AND DOWN IF YOU DO ITIS ABAD MOTOR IF YOU DONT IT IS ABAD SWITCH GOOD LUCK
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Jim.... Do you think that their could be an electrical problem where the other window is also having problems and the outlets are not working?
Expert:  jimh replied 8 years ago.
IT SOUNDS LIKE MAIN WINDOWSWITCH IS THE PROBLEM FOR YHE POWER PLUGS MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ALL 3 FUSE BOXES