Jeff Robins
Jeff Robins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1. Years of experience repairing Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura Vehicles
10360912

How to change headlight for Honda jazz

Customer Question

how to change headlight for Honda jazz
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jeff Robins replied 8 years ago.

I know this vehicle as the Honda Fit, not as the Jazz, as it is called in Europe. I have never changed one of the Headlamps in this vehicle before, so I am not 100% sure as to the exact procedure for it. If it is built like 90% of the other Hondas I've seen, then there should be a rubber cover on the back side fo the headlamp that has to be removed. There should be a 3 wire harness running through the center of it. You pull the rubber cover off, then there is a small metal clip that hinges out to release the bulb. Once you see it, you'll understand how it works.

Simply remove the bulb and replace it, installing everything in the reverse order of removal. Depending on which side it's on, you might have to move things like the air box or battery. Be careful not to touch the glass of the bulb with your fingers. The oil from your hand will cause overheating of the bulb and premature failure.

If this answer is not acceptable to you, please let me know and I will opt out and refer you to another tech, but if it is helpful, please accept. Just let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.