mauricio
mauricio, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models
12133139

2004 Accord: you remove the dash cover above the radio

How do you remove the dash cover above the radio in a 2004 Accord to remove the radio?
Category: Honda
Expert:  mauricio replied 6 years ago.
  • Put on gloves to protect your hands.
  • Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
  • Lay a workshop towel under the parts when working on them to protect the face panel from scratches or other damage.
  • Do not work in a dusty or dirty place.
  • Discharge static electricity from your body before and during the work.
  • Do not touch the circuit board with your bare hands.
  • Do not work with dirty hands.
  • Be careful not to fold the flat plate cable.
  • Do not touch the terminal connector of the flat plate cable with your bare hands. (If you have touched it, wipe it off thoroughly.)
  1. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio and navigation system, then write down the frequencies for the radio's preset buttons.
  2. Remove the upper panel.

1. Remove the screws and bolts, disconnect the audio-HVAC display module connectors (A) and the antenna lead (B), then remove the audio-HVAC display module (C).
  2. Install the audio-HVAC display module and note these items:
    • Make sure the disconnected connectors plugged in properly, and the antenna lead is connected properly.
    • Enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the customer's radio station presets
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need to know how to get the COVER containing the vents, above the radio off so I can gain access to the screws etc of the radio.
Thanks
Expert:  mauricio replied 6 years ago.

Upper Panel Removal/Installation

Special Tools Required
Upper panel/vent removal tool 07AAC-SDAA100

NOTE: Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.

1. Push the hazard warning switch button (A). Carefully insert a flat-tip screwdriver into the slot (B) below the button, and push down on the center clip.

With the special tool and a flat-tip screwdriver

1. Set both ends of the special tool in the center vent openings (A) as shown. While pressing the center clip (B) down, pull the upper panel (C) back with the tool to detach the clips (D).

With two flat-tip screwdrivers

1. Carefully insert a flat-tip screwdriver wrapped with tape into the slot (A) on one side of the upper panel (B). While pressing down on the center clip (C), carefully pull out on the side of the panel to detach the clip (D). Repeat this operation on the other side of the panel.

1. Pull the upper panel (A) in the direction shown to release the remaining clips, disconnect the hazard warning switch connector (B), and if equipped, sunlight sensor connector (C) and navigation subdisplay connector (D). Detach the harness clips (E), then remove the upper panel.
  2. Install the panel in the reverse order of removal, and make sure each connector is plugged in properly.

mauricio, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 15 years working in all makes and models