Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech
Experience:  Honda Dealer Tech, ASE Master Auto Tech
652461

2003 Honda accord lx: errands..No noise, no clicks, no nothing.

Customer Question

2003 Honda AccordLX. 120,000+miles excellent working condition untill yesterday when after making some errands turned the car off and stried to start it again and it was nothing. No noise, no clicks, no nothing. Tried to jump it.. no results. Battery is fairly new. Broke the key last night and had a lock smith come out to replace it ($185.00) This morning tried to start it again and now hearing a static/clicking sound under the hood. I thought it was my starter but feel even with the mileage the starter shouldn't have gone out so soon. Thanks Pia
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 8 years ago.

If the locksmith didn't reprogram the car's immobilizer the car isn't going to start. If this is the case the green key icon will be flashing on the dash. Let me know if you need more help.