jonathan789
jonathan789, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  12 yrs auto repair experience 2 yrs honda dealership experience
10199176

I have a 98 Honda Accord V6. The anti-theft device was triggered

Customer Question

I have a 98 Honda Accord V6. The anti-theft device was triggered when reconnecting the battery. I have the code to unlock the device, but the code will not work. What should I do (short of going to a dealer and paying a large price to de-activate the code).
Category: Honda
Expert:  jonathan789 replied 8 years ago.
Hello
If you remove the radio and get the serial number off it I can look up the code for you if you do not have the correct one. If you have entered in the wrong one too many times you need to disconnect the battery to enter it in let me know if you have any questions
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My serial number is XXXXX My code is 44531.
I think I did lock it up, as I've never seen this before, so when it first occurred, I pushed many buttons to see if I could get it to work. Kept getting a 'error' notification. Now It won't show the notification. At the time (because this has never happened to me), I didn't realize that a code even existed. Found it in my old paper work after someone advised me to do so.

Will you verify? Also, I'll take your advise and disconnect/reconnect the battery.

Thanks,
Pat
using the serial number you have listed I get the same code 44531 let me know if you are still having trouble after disconnecting the battery