car help plus
car help plus, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  previous ASE and I-CAR certs along with schooling
11282067

2000 HONDA ACCORD: V TECH ENGINE BURNES OIL WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR OR

Customer Question

MY 2000 HONDA ACCORD WITH V TECH ENGINE BURNES OIL WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR OR WHAT COULD BE CAUSING IT?
Category: Honda
Expert:  car help plus replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer
Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

I would look for oil leaks if you are loosing a significant amount of oil. If you are burking an significant amount of oil it will smoke and foul plugs and possibly ruin teh catelytic converter and O2 sensors.

I would inspect the front cam seal and make usre it is not leaking there. Some tiems teh seal can be pushed out from the front.

I would also inspect for leaks form lower parts of the motor by securing or placing a large cardboard under it in the same place for a couple days.

For burning oil they can burn oil through bad rings. Check for compression should be able to confirm if the rings are getting worn.
It is possible to be burning oil through the valve train and leaking some down into cylinders. Does it puff smoke for a little on ever start? This woudl require head work normally.

Hope this helps. If this helps please click accept I do not get credit for giving an answer until you do.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
there is no oil leake no where in my car and there is no puff of smoke any way.
I would do a compression test. It seems odd that you do not smoke any? How much oil consumption are we talking about?