HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician

whilst bleeding my clutch on my 2004 honda civic ...

Customer Question

whilst bleeding my clutch on my 2004 honda civic type-r (uk) i failed to keep my eye on the fluid reservoir and got air in the system. I now can''t get any fluid to bleed through the system, the clutch just goes down to the floor and stays in that position.. what next??
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand welcome to,

First bring the pedal back up. Then open the bleeder on the clutch slave and fill the reservoir and let it gravity bleed (just run out( for a few minutes. Close the bleeder screw have some one pump the pedal, if they have to pull the pedal back up by hand then so be it, then have them hold it down while you open the bleeder screw. Close the screw and have them pump it again. You may have to do this for a while, air in the clutch hydraulic system is hard to get out.

Also if you still can't seem to get a pedal you might end up replacing the clutch master cylinder and slave.

let me know how it turns out