ike
ike, Honda Certified Gold level Techni
Experience:  9 years experience with Honda/ Acura. 6 years at dealer
10567339

2003 pilot: a/c blower fan started making squeeling noise when braking

Customer Question

2003 pilot. a/c blower fan started making squeeling noise when braking. Then while in Fla. on vacation, the floor on the passenger side flooded with water. I checked the condensate drain hose and found it to be turned sideways and out of the retaining ring and so I put it back like it should be. Seems like the water is draining very well now to me (about a drop per second after driving with a/c on). Problem is that the fan still makes a squeeling noise every time you brake and if you listen closely you can actually hear water sloshing under the dash. Could the fan have water trapped inside the housing from the tube being turned sideways and subsequently overflowing the drain pan? What do you think?
Category: Honda
Expert:  ike replied 8 years ago.

Hi,Customer/p>

The drain hoses sometimes get clogged with leaves and debris that makes it past the cabin air filter. Most of the time we can unclog these tubes by just blowing some air into them. The squealing noise should go away after that.

Also are you sure that the noise isn't coming from the rear ac fan? They have a separate drain tube that can also become clogged. Same fix.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will check now.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Dear Ike,
I checked the rear air drain (which I didn't know existed) and the bottom of the tube is made in a closed condition to keep debris out. I squeezed it open and I drowned so I will be suing you for my drowning!!! Oh and by the way, the noise stopped immediately. Thanks for the great advice!!! I really thought the noise came from the front.
Expert:  ike replied 8 years ago.
Sorry you got wet, but glad to help out.