Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

How much would it cost to replace a 98 honda civic transmission

A new trans would cost around 2000.00 and the labor would be 280.00 - 300.00. You likely could get this repaired much cheaper than this. I would estimate without actually knowing the problem, repairing the trans could cost around 1000.00 or so.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to zzdaryl's Post: Do you mean that fixing the transmission with labor and parts would cost $1000 or would that only be for parts? I would be overjoyed if it only cost $1000 total - I have not driven the car because I am afraid to drive it and was afraid the cost would be much higher.
Yes that is with parts and labor but that is only a very rough guess because I don't know what is actually wrong but I believe it would run around that price.