jonathan789
jonathan789, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  12 yrs auto repair experience 2 yrs honda dealership experience
10199176

I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey. Passenger window went down ...

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey. Passenger window went down last week and won't come back up using either driver's side or passenger side button. I can hear something click when I hit driver's side button (like the regulator or motor is trying to engage). Fuses inside and underneath hood appear fine. I bought a whole new regulator system and have taken off the door panel to replace it. 1) How do you get regulator system out of the door? 2) Does it sound like the regulator is what is wrong? 3) Is the window motor part of the regulator system or is it located somewhere apart from it inside the door?
Category: Honda
Expert:  jonathan789 replied 6 years ago.
Do you hear the motor turning when the switch is pushed? on that the window motor and regulator should come together. to remove it there are two bolts holding the glass to the regulator remove them and remove the glass from the window then remove the bolts for the regulator and motor and unit will be able to be removed from one of the holes in the door let me know if you need more help . if you already have the new part you can try plugging it in and seeing if it works before you remove the old one

graphic
graphic
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to jonathan789's Post: It's not the motor. Installed the new regulator just a few minutes ago, and window was 3/4 of the way up due to position of the window mount on the new regulator. As soon as the power came on, without touching any switches (Passenger window switch hasn't worked in months after coming back from body shop; Dricver's side had always worked) window rooled itself down and won't come back up. Is it a switch or a short somewhere?
sounds like you may have a problem in the harness if you have had a problem with that switch since a body shop repair
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to jonathan789's Post: Is there any way to bypass the switches on the master (driver's) and passenger sides and "hotwire" the motor long enough to get the window in the up position then unplugging the switches until I can take it to Honda?
yes at the motor connector on the motor side of it there is are blue/white and blue/red wires if you hook power and ground to them it should run the motor if you hook them and them motor tries to go down hook them the other way and it should go up