jonathan789
jonathan789, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  12 yrs auto repair experience 2 yrs honda dealership experience

how do i replace a clutch on a 2007 civic si

No Comment Added
Category: Honda
Expert:  jonathan789 replied 6 years ago.
Hello
On the new civics the engine will need to be supported and the subframe removed then the transmission removed to replace the clutch . let me know if you need more help
jonathan789, Honda Mechanic
Experience: 12 yrs auto repair experience 2 yrs honda dealership experience
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you for answering my question john
i do have a couple more questions so thank you for asking
where can i get support for the engine? what do i need?
what tools will i need to do this...im very commited i just need to know what i need and how i can get started
It is a pretty involved task to remove and replace the clutch on those especially if not working on a lift. If you need it I can send you the instructions to do the job though that has the 6 speed trans right?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it does...it is a 6 speed   and that would be so super if i can have instructions...if you can write notes on where the parts are loike a cower cover? or somehting i remember hear about liek write notes next to it on where i can find it il pay you 30$ cuz i REALLLLLY need this john haha
let me know
it will take a min to get all this together and will need t send it in more than one answer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to jonathan789's Post: okay i appreciate it so much do you have paypal so i can send you some extra cash?

2007 CIVIC - Manual Transmission Removal

Special Tools Required

• Engine hanger/adapter VSB02C000015
  • Engine support hanger, A & Reds AAR-T-12566
  • Front subframe adapter VSB02C000016
  • 2006 Civic engine hanger VSB02C000025

These special tools are available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program 1-888-424-6857.

NOTE: Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.

1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the audio system or the navigation system (if equipped), then write down the audio presets.

2. Remove the cowl cover and under-cowl panel.

3. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then disconnect the positive cable.

4. Remove the battery.

5. Remove the air cleaner assembly.

1. Remove the harness clips (A) and the intake air duct (B), then remove the battery base (C) with the coolant reservoir (D).

1. Remove the clutch line bracket (A), then carefully remove the slave cylinder (B) to avoid bending the clutch line.

NOTE: Do not press the clutch pedal after the slave cylinder has been removed.

1. Disconnect the back-up light switch connector (A), the output shaft (countershaft) speed sensor connector (B), the reverse lockout solenoid connector (C), and the harness clips (D).

1. Remove the cotter pins (A) and lock pins (B), shift cable bracket (C), then disconnect the shift cables (D) from the top of the transmission housing. Carefully remove both cables and the bracket together to avoid bending the cables.

'06 model

'07-08 models

1. Remove the harness clips (A) from the clutch cable bracket (B) and harness bracket (C).

1. Remove the air cleaner housing bracket (A).

1. Remove the engine wire harness cover (A) by lifting up on the lock tab (B), then slide the harness forward off the air cleaner housing mounting bracket (C).

1. Attach the engine hanger (A) to the threaded holes in the cylinder head.

1. Install the front leg assembly (A), hook (B), and wingnut (C) from an A and Reds engine support hanger (AAR-T-12566) onto the 2006 Civic engine hanger. Carefully position the engine hanger on the vehicle, and attach the hook to the forward hole in the engine hanger/adapter (D). Tighten the wingnut by hand to lift and support the engine/transmission assembly.

NOTE: Use care when working around the windshield.

1. Remove the two upper transmission mounting bolts.

1. Remove the under-hood fuse/relay box (A) by lifting up on the lock tabs (B), then move it aside.

1. Remove the engine control module (ECM) stay (A), then move it aside. Remove the clutch line clamp (B).

1. Disconnect the ground cable (A), then remove the transmission mount bracket bolts (B) and nuts (C). Remove the transmission mount bracket (D).

2. Raise the vehicle on the lift.

1. Remove the splash shield.

2. Drain the transmission fluid. Reinstall the drain plug with a new washer.

3. Separate the lower arm.

1. Remove the stiffner plate (A) and mounting bracket (B) from the steering gearbox. Disconnect the exhaust mounting rubber (C).

1. Remove the stiffner plate (A) and harness clip (B).

1. Remove the front mount mounting bolt (A) and nut (B) then, remove the lower radiator hose from the front mount bracket.

1. Remove the front engine mount bracket (A) from the transmission and engine.

1. Remove the lower torque rod mounting bolt.

1. Remove the middle subframe mounting bolts (A).

1. Note the reference marks (A) on both sides of the subframe that lines up with the body (B).

1. Attach the front subframe adapter to the front subframe by wrapping the band over the front subframe and attaching the end of the band to the front subframe adapter with the pin (A).

2. Raise the jack, and line up the slots in the arms with the bolt holes on the corner of the jack base (B), then attach them securely.

1. Remove the front subframe mounting bolts (A) and front subframe (B).

NOTE: Suspend the steering gearbox with an appropriate size wire.

2. Pry out the driveshafts inboard joint.

3. Remove the intermediate shaft.

1. Remove the clutch cover.

2. Support the transmission with the transmission jack.

1. Remove the transmission mounting bolts.

2. Pull the transmission away from the engine until the transmission mainshaft clears the clutch pressure plate.

3. Slowly lower the transmission about 150 mm (6 in). Check once again that all hoses and electrical wiring are disconnected and free from the transmission, then lower it all the way.

1. Remove the release fork boot (A) from the clutch housing (B).

2. Remove the release fork (C) from the clutch housing by squeezing the release fork set spring (D) with pliers. Remove the release bearing (E).

• Expert:  jonathan789 replied 6 years ago.
    they have a bonus option here instead of paypal let me know if you need more help I am working on cowl cover now
    Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    yea i wish those diagrams helped haha
    those diagrams do nothing for me but il give it my best shot...
    Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    i guess what im confused about is if i just lift the car and work underneath it why do i have to hang the engine...or use an engine hanger?
    what do you mean about the diagrams?

2007 CIVIC - Cowl Cover Replacement

NOTE: Take care not to scratch the body.

1. Turn on the wiper switch, and move the windshield wiper arms 90 º.

1. Remove the center cowl cover (A).

-1 Remove the hood rear seal (B) by pulling it out.
      -2 Remove the clips (C).
      -3 Release three front hooks (D) from the edge of the under-cowl panel (E).
      -4 Detach the clips (F, G) by carefully pulling the cover up, then remove the cover by releasing the hooks (H). Take care not to scratch the body.
    2. Disconnect the windshield washer tube (I).

1. If necessary, remove the bolts (A, B), then remove the under-cowl panel (C).

2. Remove these items:

1. Detach the clips by carefully pulling the side cowl cover (A) up, then remove the cover by releasing the hooks (B) from the front fender. Take care not to scratch the body. Repeat this step for the other side cowl cover, and disconnect the windshield washer tube.

2. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

• Check if the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, and if necessary, replace them with new ones.

• Make sure the washer tubes are connected securely.

• Push the clips into place securely.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    like the diagrams are just leters and drawings to me i dont know where they are located on the car haha
    you know what i mean
    engine needs to be supported beacuse when the subframe is removed there won't be anything to hold the engine up
    Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    okay does honda have engine hangers in stock or do i ahve to order them? can i get them fast?
    we have the ones we use in service they will not have them instock to sell . plus the price will probably be expensive . you could try some to the tool companies for a more universal one
    Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    okay so i NEED to have that...i wish there was a way to do it without one...i will try my best then
    good luck that's gonna be a rough job on the ground