acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master tech, , CA smog. ASE L1

ACURA RSX: timing belt..chain..goes down..the check engine light

I have an ACURA RSX 2003, does it need timing belt replacement or it has a chain? Theres something wrong with the idle, it goes down. And right now the check engine light has lit. When the car is warm, i hear the belts noisy.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. your car has a chain not a belt . as far as the check engine light goes . Go to any large auto parts store and they will be able to get the code for you. post it back and i will help you fix your idle problem

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much for your reply! I will do find a parts store and check the code. Ill be back as soon as i can.
no problem, ill check back later .
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Acuramstr, I had the car diagnosed, it said that its #P0134 - O2 Sensor -computer diagnosed

"Manually tested 02 sensor (B1, S1) and found no circuit activity. Recommendation, replace 02 sensor to retest"

Now im already looking for parts, there are replacements, the sensor itself without the connector just around $50, there is an expensive set in which i cant afford $418.00, and there are those that indicates before catalytic converter and after catalytic converter. I dont know what to buy. I could only afford those that indicates $200 or better $125.

Pls check this link. Pls let me know whats best to buy to ensure the sensor is fixed, ill accept your answer.
Ok,you need the frount o2 sensor (before the cat ). don't use a non-factory sensor you will be wasting your money they don't work . I dont see any link? give me the first 8 numbers of your vin and ill look up the part number for you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
oh i forgot the link

please advise me which one to choose from the link of autopartswarehouse, and ill await also for the part number. thanks!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I see. So you're saying i should buy from acura and not buy a bosch pre catalytic 02 Sensor which costs $80 cheaper?
all I can tell you is I have talked to at least 3 other people on this board that used after market o2 sensors only to have them fail within a short period of time. In the long run the factory sensor is cheaper because they last longer .
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok. thank you so much
your welcome,I f you need anything else let me know
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

THanks for your help last time, my air sensor is doing great!

No im curious about the fuel filter? I heard ACURA RSX doesn't have one along the line outside, its beside the fuel pump itself and it costs a lot to replace it. Is it true? how is this? Thanks
the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump it doesn't have a service interval as its designed to last the life of the car.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Wow this car is insane. I hear lifetime air filters out there and now, a a lifetime fuel filter attached to the fuel pump. Thanks acura mstr.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi acura mstr! just a simple question. Which do you think is better? K&N short ram air filter or Weapon R intakes? I heard K&N allows more dirt to come in while weapon r doesnt but weapon r puts the check engine light on for allowing more air in. thanks!