ike, Honda Certified Gold level Techni
Experience:  9 years experience with Honda/ Acura. 6 years at dealer

hello. what does it mean the code p1362 (ignition ...

hello. what does it mean the code p1362 (ignition system or misfire, manfacurer conrol) on a1997 honda civic lx?

P1362 indicates no signal in the Top Dead Center Sensor circuit.

Usually it means you need a new distributor, however, there is a troubleshooting procedure to make sure it is not just a bad connection or an open in the signal wire.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ike's Post: what is that? where is it located on the car? what does it look like?
The TDC sensor is located inside the distributor and cannot be replaced separately. If it is actually a bad sensor, the distributor housing must be replaced. I would have someone check it before doing that, though, because it may be a bad connection or an open in a wire.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what is the distributor housing and what do mean bye a bad connection or an open wire? is that the wires that go from the distributer to the spark plugs?

The distributor is what the spark plug wires come out of. The housing is the metal part of this, that houses the coil, igniter, and all the sensors. By a bad wire, I mean one of the electrical wires in the wiring harness that goes from the distributor to the cars engine control unit.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ike's Post: is the electrical wires the the ones that go to the speak plugs? is that what you mean by engine control unit?

No, the control unit is the computer. The cars brain.And the electrical wires go from the brain to each component in the engine control system like nerves in your body.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ike's Post: good morning. i was able to fix my wife friends car. everything is good now. thank you very much. you really helped me alot. i have one more question, if its ok. i have a 2000 pontiac grand am. im having problems with my blower moter. i checked all the fuses(every sinlge fuse in the car) i put a new recester, checked all the relays, check the blower moter itself on the battery (it works) but when i put the wires to it im getting no power at all. i dont know whats wrong. to make a long story short. i put a new windsheld in and when it was raining some water got in.i fixed the water problem but now my blower moter dont work. the question is do you think i got a short some where in the wires. please let me know. and thank you again for all your help. GOD BLESS.

Only other thing is to check that you have power to the blower when you turn it on. You may have a bad control panel. I found a tsb on a water leak at the cowl that causes blower to be inop, but it doesn't tell why.

Sorry I can't help more, I just don't have any GM product knowledge.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hello there. its meCustomer my wife friends car, the honda civic lx 1997 is having a problem. she told me that when she goes up a hill she has to give it alot of gas to get up the hill. its needes alot of power. she said that she talked to a guy and he said that there my be a misfire some where or the timing is off. can you help me. only thing i can think of is i put the wires that go to the speaks on wrong. do you know what the fireing order is? please help. thank you.

firing order id 1-3-4-2

If you look at the cap, there is a raised portion that goes between the plug wire posts. The two that it goes between are 3 on top and 4 on the bottom , on the back half, 1 on top 2 on bottom. Also make sure the distributor is adjusted to the center of the adjustment, if the timing is retarded, it will have low power.