HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician

2007 Honda Civic, alarm keeps going off when car is

2007 Honda Civic, alarm keeps going off when car is shut off, as long as car is running no alarm. How does my son disable this until morning when he can get the car in?

HelloCustomerand welcome to,

Have you tried the master key in the driver's door lock and turning it to unlock?

Are the batteries in the remote good?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to HONDASERVICE7791's Post: Yes, I just had him do that again and it did not work, alarm is still going off. Yes batteries in remote are fine (he's only had this car 3 months). He's called Honda roadside assistance and all they can offer is to tow his car. He is about 150 miles away from me so I can't physically help him but we have cell phone contact. When he starts the car, the alarm shuts off. He's been dealing with this for over an hour.

Is this an EX ? Si?

I am going to check the wriring schematic to see if there is a fuse you can pull temporarily while you are able to bring it to the dealer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is an LX

Unfortunately there aren't any fuses totally dedicated to just the alarm.

Pulling the fuse will disable too many other things.

The option I see is pulling the #12 fuse 15amp for the horn and stop lights.

Then take the car immediately to the dealer to have it checked out. It will probably be a control unit issue with the vehicle and should be covered under warranty.