acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master tech, , CA smog. ASE L1
8300270

Have a 2000 Honda Odyssey - Engine light and TCS light

Customer Question

Have a 2000 Honda Odyssey - Engine light and TCS light come on (TCS light is delayed in coming on). Any thoughts?
Category: Honda
Expert:  acura mstr replied 9 years ago.
hi,welcome to just answer. you need to check the code to see if it is a trans code and then if it falls under the bulletin limits honda will replace the trans under warranty .even if you are out of warranty honda will sometimes do a partial warranty. the tcs light is on because the check engine light is on this is common repair the check engine light failure abd the tcs will go back to normal .heres a copy of the bulletin click .if theres any thing more you need let me know.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to acura mstr's Post: Repair the check engine light is not an answer!
I'm asking what do you think the problem is? I've gotten much better answers in the chat rooms by people who e had this problem.
there are several things that will turn the check engine light and tcs light on .if you get the code I can tell you exactly what the problem is . on your year i see transmission problems as well as egr problems. if you go to any large auto parts store they will check the code for free or a very small fee. are you having any problems with the car since the light came on? like surging or trans shifting problems?. is the fuel cap tight?let me know and i can give you a more accurate answer.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to acura mstr's Post: No,
   other than the lights, I have not experienced a problem.
ok, good then maybe its something simple. if you are able to get the code ill help you resolve it .