Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

how to remove and install front wheel bearing for honda ...

how to remove and install front wheel bearing for honda civic 94 with picture
Category: Honda
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.

As you can see below this requires a press and adapters, I usually take mine to the auto parts store and they press it for me.

Removal

1. Remove steering knuckle. Remove splash guard. Using Front Hub Remover/Installer (07JAF-SH20110), press hub from steering knuckle. Remove bearing retaining snap ring and knuckle ring from knuckle. Press bearing out of knuckle.

2. Using bearing puller, remove outboard bearing from hub. Clean knuckle and hub thoroughly before reassembly.

Installation Press NEW bearing into knuckle. DO NOT exceed 4000 lbs. (1814 kg) pressure. Install snap ring in knuckle groove. Install splash guard, and invert knuckle. Using press, install knuckle/bearing assembly onto hub. See Fig. 6 . DO NOT exceed 4000 lbs. (1814 kg) pressure.

To complete installation, reverse removal procedure.

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Same for me , I always take mine to the auto part shop BUT , I do that on my car 2 weeks ago and the bearing have some mouvement this is not great
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.
You need to be sure to get the torque on the outer nut to specs, or it will loosen up.