Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Auto mechanic
Experience:  Auto mechanic

85 crx: oem..The parts have been discontinued by Honda and its dealers

Where can I find new oem parts no. 73120-sb2-000 and 73125-sb2-000 (quarter glass moldings / left & right, for my 85 crx . The parts have been discontinued by Honda and its dealers. I have been abandoned. I had my car re-painted when this problem came up while ordering the molding.

Hi, is it the moulding in the picture below highlighted? thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Cheeko's Post: Yes ! Its the highlighted part. Its a hard rubber type that protects the glass gasket/seal from sun,rain salt air ect. I tried Honda dealer, Honda corp. USA and most all Honda parts web sites. The parts (left and right molding) have been discontinued and no longer able to order from normal channels. The two parts must be new due to the nature of rubber and time which becomes brittle,shrinks, deteriorates. There may be an after market replacement part somewhere, but just cannot find it. I need the parts to look the same and fit as well with quality. The only way to know if someone has the parts is for it to be in their hands, looking it up in the Honda oem parts thing will later discover the part has been discontinued

Hi, below is a link to a honda website that maybe able to help, thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will the parts work ? Are the items in stock or obtainable ?
Hi, you will have to contact the website I posted and check for availabiliy, they are oem honda parts, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Majestic Honda does not carry nor can obtain the parts ( I went to their web site, placed an order, paid for it, 3 day's later I was notified the parts were discontinued and my money was returned to my account. /// What Cheeko failed or should have done ( I think) was to contact and confirm that actually had or could obtain the parts (Majestic Honda) . I think he just relied on their web site as being up-dated and current. I did forewarned him in my messages of my experience trying to get the parts, same thing happened again.